Thursday, 12 March 2009

Summer loving...

Hey there

Summer loving, having a blast, summer loving, happened so fast...Before I know it, it's something called Autumn. What's with that? I was digging summer - beaches, late nights, watching cricket with dad on the couch, trips to the pool. I reckon some of that might continue anyway.

But enough - let's get to the good stuff (and no, not Grease the movie...man that blows).

The best bits of summer were ICE CREAM, lots of swimming, hanging out barefoot, ICE CREAM, trips to 'sandpit' and ICE CREAM. I have developed a taste for this ice cream stuff, funnily enough, like my mum has. We see if we can eat it all day. This pic was taken in the Shire. Sadly, I become very intolerant for a bit there, but happily as soon as we got out of the Shire I became a well-adjusted human again.

Mum and dad launched a backyard blitz the other weekend. Lots of cutting, trimming, sweeping, raking and stinking up the great outdoors (dad needed a shower). Then it was chow time - we got stuck into some leftover pizza. Truly the food of the gods.

One day, when I wasn't watching, something appeared in my room. It's called a 'bed' apparently. Combined with the wall changing colour, things in my world are just in a constant state of change. There is one thing that's always been around - Hawkey Bear. He's a bit ace.

And here's me road-testing the bed. It's so much better now mum and dad bought a mattress. The first few days were a bit rough, just a slat base and all.

So, summer ended with me sleeping in my own bed at night, with my last few teeth coming through, with me having lots more words (and I have named all my books) and an addiction to this ICE CREAM thing. Mmm, tasty, might have one now.

Cheers
Harper

No comments: