Saturday, 31 January 2009

Christmas = goodies, drunk relatives, long car trips and lame historial towns

Hey there

Christmas. It was lots of fun. Yeah, there was a bit of sitting in the back seat of a Subaru, but it was cool. I am a good traveller. So, let me take you on a tour of my Christmas...


It started in Shepp-mate, with a vist to Mama and Papa's. They thought it would be great to take me to a miniture railway. Turns out I am poo-scared of tiny trains, so instead we wandered about the adjoining nursery.

Next to the nursery was a bunch of cubby houses on display. Now that's what I am talking about. See above? That's me escaping Papa's clutches in order to attack the next cubby house.

When in Shepp-mate, one must take in the cows. This year, I took Monkey along with me. He loved it.

Then it was Melbourne. We went to the Fairfield Boathouse, a weird throwback to the 1930s. And there were ducks...a whole load of ducking ducks, as far as you could ducking see. Duck me. I fed them some food. They like that.

Then it was off to Anglesea to Auntie Kara's place. There was a bit of beach action of course. Especially on Christmas day when....

....Santa was going to show up in a surf boat. The locals go nuts for this sort of thing.

Dad was overcome with Santa goodness. I missed out on a balloon and lollies. Lucky we had heaps of food back at Auntie Kara's place.

Back there was also lots of presents. Try to keep your eyes on me and not on Dad's t-shirt. That colour will burn your retinas.
I got to spend some quality time with Auntie Kara, which was bulk ace. Although I have learnt not to ask any hard questions... Oh, hang on, no, I think we were feeding the invisible rozellas. Man I love them.

Then it was back to Melbourne and some time with Siddy. We bonded in the pool. Seconds after this pic was taken, Auntie Alice would tip a watering can full of water on me. I am too young to get her back now...but you will keep Alice. Sleep with one eye open lady...

Then it was a long trip home. Dad insisted we stop in Glenrowan, because he has driven past it about one million times (his estimate) and never been into town. Now we have done the Ned Kelly thing, I can tell you this - we won't be doing it again. See this pic above? That's Ned made out of logs. He has no arms. How crap is that?

In all, Christmas was pretty damn fun. As Christmas should be.

Cheers
Harper

No comments: